Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Fill a Form View for IOS

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisa_H
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I was so disappointed when I finished my base, downloaded the App on my Cell…

Only to realize that I couldn’t just click the form view on my cell and start inputting items into my base!

What the heck!
Seems like such a simple- No brainer thing to have available in IOS.

Please Please make this available!

3 Comments
Lisa_H
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Also the fact that when I went to so much trouble to HIDE specific stuff in each record in a certain view… they Open a view with their IOS, then open a record. it shows them Everything in that record… Not just the visible fields. ALL the hidden ones pop up too!

Robert_Garmong
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Couldn’t agree more! The whole thing about the Form view for me is that I can display only the relevant attributes, conditionally. For example, I have an entry for “Work Type,” and if the selection is “Worksheet” then there’s another option to select which worksheet. If the Work Type is not Worksheet, there’s no need to clutter up the screen with a dropdown menu of all the available worksheets.

When is display parsimony most important? When doing data-entry on a small screen!

I’m brand new to AirTable, and I’m loving it so far. But this one omission could drive me to another tool.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Conditional fields are already a feature of forms. You can show or hide certain fields based on certain characteristics.

If you’re talking about dynamic conditional value lists within a linked record field, that is not available anywhere within the product, including the grid view.

Static conditional value lists are available though, so you could do what you want with multiple linked record fields, conditionally hiding or showing each one with its own static conditional value list — and then you could even use an automation to move the selected values into one unified linked record field after the form is submitted.

Otherwise, if you want truly dynamic conditional value lists in forms, you can use the combination of JotForm + On2Air Forms to accomplish that.