Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Filter on Concatenated Fields

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Ryan_Whitney
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a rollup field on our Customer Tracker that concatenates the project stage for each of the projects associated with a single customer. I want to filter on projects that are post-implementation to flag CSMโ€™s to update Customer health information. Currently, I can only filter on one entry, and when I had others into the filter, it filters out everything.

Thanks

3 Comments
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Can you give a specific example of the problem youโ€™re experiencing? Something about your description of your base/table setup isnโ€™t clicking. Screenshots might help to make things more clear (if your data isnโ€™t too sensitive/confidential)

Ryan_Whitney

Sure! So I have a base with several tables. One table is an Account Master that is our โ€œsource of truthโ€ for how many accounts we are working with. I have another table that is a table showing all of our current implementations. For one customer, we may be implementing several projects depending on the group we have contracted with.

I have made a rollup to the Stage the implementations are in on the Account Master, but it comes in as a text string. When I try to filter, say on โ€œCompletedโ€ items, if I enter โ€œCompletedโ€ as a filter, for accounts that have โ€œCompletedโ€ and also โ€œImplementingโ€ it will not show these fields. It basically has to match the FULL text string in that field.

We have decided to move away from this use case bc it does not fit our needs right now, but may still be a good thing to develop.

Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Thanks for the details. Strangely enough, I canโ€™t replicate it on this end. Iโ€™ve tried in several bases where Iโ€™ve got rollups, and Airtable correctly filters based on a portion of the field contents.