Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Formatting tools for forms

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan_Weaver
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It would be very useful to have some basic formatting tools for the forms.

Things like horizontal dividers, section titles and control over spacing and grouping of fields.

More advanced things would be even better :slightly_smiling_face: - like tabs, accordion sections, custom fonts (Google, Typekit).

11 Comments
Jonny_Burch
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes! I’d love this too. I have some long forms and I just need some dividers and titles to put in-between sections. I’d also love image sections, but less important.

J_Shockley
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Yes, TypeKit Integration for the Page Builder block would open up continuity with Brands and their identity far greater than Google Fonts.

Additionally, the giant list of fonts without being able to quickly type a font name is a major drawback to using the Form Builder.

Wish list would be both Google Fonts and Adobe TypeKit integration implemented in much the same way as SquareSpace. If “styles” could be integrated that would save so much time as each field added to a page builder has to be styled with every single change made to previous fields.

Like CSS or some sort of saved preset function would be ideal. Invoicing with higher end brands stays outside of Airtable due to the lack of typography integration with TypeKit

Gabriel_Tataru

Currently surviveing with the repeating frames and correct design of the tables, but some basic formating options are more than welcome (dividers, frames, position links) … I know is not an easy task but a lot of ppl will appreciate

Evan_Gregg
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is one of the main things that would get me to pay for a premium subscription. Right now I’m using a wordpress form to collect data, exporting the entries to csv and then importing into airtable. Simplifying that would be worth the money. I’m sure I’m not the only one.

Ryan_Durkin

Anyone know if this feature has been created yet? Basic ability to customize section header titles and horizontal bars would be huge.

Nora_Wissink
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It’s been a while since the last post on this topic. I have the same request. Did anybody find a good workaround? Or is Airtable working on adding these features into the forms?

N_Bigglesworth
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I agree. This is what may lead me to using Jotform instead. Airtable’s forms work pretty easily, but the lack of customization for the design makes a more sophisticated form look a bit inelegant.

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We’ve built both of these features into our app. It’s an advanced form for Airtable that supports collapsible section headers and also supports displaying custom images between fields.

Hans_VanDerScha
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This should be basic functionality AirTable team, not something that you have to pay for and install as an extension.

whazlewo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Here to add to this thread. I'd love to know at least why I can't have as much formatting options in creating an Airtable form as I do while writing a comment on this very board:

In an Airtable form I'd love just to be able to do the simplest forms of text formatting like:

1. Underlining text
  2. using italics for emphasis
  3. Bullets and Lists
  4. etc etc...