Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Getting the row number

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Michael_Norris
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

In Excel, you can use the ROW() function to return the row number of the current cell. A feature like this in Airtable would be useful, as I have a list of events that I want to recalculate their date depending on the order that the user has the rows in. I canโ€™t use the autonumber feature, because that doesnโ€™t renumber when the user reorders the rows. There doesnโ€™t appear to be any way to get Airtable to work out what the order of records is, and calculate a formula based on that.

18 Comments
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Seeing that later replies in this thread have shifted the discussion toward a product-suggestions angle, Iโ€™m moving this to the appropriate category.

Julien_Reszka
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Any news regarding this functionality?

mayorcesar

I am also looking for something like this

EuGin_Song
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes Row Number is definitely a missing function!

Facundo_Sanchez

This functionality would be more than a โ€˜nice to haveโ€™. If Airtable proposition is to be โ€˜the best of both worldsโ€™ (spreadsheets and databases), shouldnโ€™t this feature be at least in their Roadmap?

Andrea

still waiting for Row number, will be useful to sync airtable sort with external softwares

Toby_AM
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I signed up for Airtable today, almost finished creating my Base, and now that I find that a simple row number is not accessible to the formula Iโ€™m afraid this entire incredible suite of software is not useful for my use case.

Robert_Sheldon

bUMP. mE TOO cpretty basic functionality