What is the proposed idea/solution?
- A feature that lets you group fields by context. As simple as that.
- Above is an extreme mvp, but i guess it should be something in that path.
How does is solve the user problems?
- It would help creators manage fields when a table gets huge (in columns).
- It would be easier for anyone to better understand the table schema.
How was this validated?
- I am using Airtable in my team with a lot of people getting to know the base and sometimes it is overwhelming for them to process every column in their minds. It is not visual and I had to do it outside to show them.
- I know it could be viewed as many 1:1 relations, so one could say "the user should create new tables". OK, but then there are some problems
- If the user needs to access those info in the table (for filters, calculations or interface designing, lets say) it would have to lookup these fields - the problem would still exist.
Who is the target audience?
I think every member on a team with creators that are heavy users.