Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Grouped tables for better view of primary and secondary tables

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mathias_Elmose
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Would be nice to be able to group a set of tables onto a “grouped table”. In most of my bases I have primary and secondary tables and grouping the secondary together would help keeps things nice and focused. I can easily have 10-15 tables in one base but I don’t use them all equally.

5 Comments
Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars
Mathias_Elmose
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi Elias

No but I think that would be a great idea!

What I meant was the tables “tabs” (see picture). Would be great if I could gather them in groups (perhaps in a dropdown menu).

Image 2018-09-12 at 6.00.56 AM.png

MonkeyDoctor
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Desperately need this, and I need group them in the table finder drop down menu as well. Surprised more people haven’t run into this issue. I know you can search for a table but that’s not how my brain works. I’d like to see the tabes in groups so I first find the group I want then simply find the table I want.

Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

One way I’ve dealt with this in a couple bases is to use empty tables with short names as dividers:

Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 5.39.58 AM.png

It’s obviously only a workaround, but it helps.

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

I too require Table Tab management, the ability to group them and then collapse the group will make life easier. I might try experimenting by loading all my dictionaries in one base, and then having them feed into the line-item bases, but this also has its own drawbacks.

One quick workaround I’ve tested is an index table using buttons and URL links. With further URL concatenation smarts this could become fairly useful - and perhaps a “return to index” button in all the other tables, might prove to be a worthy workflow - or an interesting idea at least.

Thankfully the URL loads as you’d hope/expect.