Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

HIPAA? need it!

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Pinny_G
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I see hundreds of users requesting HIPAA compliance going years back. Is that going to be a implemented anytime soon?

2 Comments
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Pinny_G! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Airtable is notoriously tight-lipped about announcing whatโ€™s coming up in the development pipeline. Your best bet for now is to add your comments to the main thread where this has been requested. I wish I had a better answer. Sorry.

Bill_French
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hi Pinny,

There are many ways to reach HIPAA compliance and there are many SaaS levels of HIPAA compliance as well as HITECH.

I canโ€™t speak to future support from Airtable, but if you are contemplating storing medical data related to specific patient identities, Airtable is probably not an ideal place and not likely in the immediate timeframe.

But there are ways to benefit from using Airtable for a variety of solutions in healthcare without exposing patient identity. I have one client (opioid treatment clinics) that use Airtable extensively but they manage data that falls under HIPAA restrictions in G-Suite (which includes a certificate of compliance).

Information regarding statistics, reporting, and analytical processes can flow through Airtable from Google Cloud Platform while sustaining compliance. Your IT architecture must be planned and carefully implemented, of course.