Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Histogram summary for single select fields

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oliver_Holtz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I would like to be able to choose “Histogram” as a summary option for single select fields, in order to get a quick overview over survey answers.

I run the same survey repeatedly in Airtable in order to track product performance (as part of a larger design research base), and I collect it all in one table. I group the answers by survey iterations, and I collapse the groups in order to get a quick overview of the performance over time. Unfortunately, I can’t get this overview for single select fields.

I have to use a workaround for this right now. I would ask something like “How was the experience?” and offer answers like “Broken,” “Annoying,” “Smooth.” In order to get a Histogram of those answers, I have to duplicate the field, switch out the words for numbers (1, 2, 3), and then convert it to a number field. Then I have to hide the original field to make it more readable.

The first problem with this is that this data does not update automatically when new answers come in, so I have to convert each individual answer into a number. Really annoying, especially for surveys with a lot of answers. The second problem is that it makes the table very messy, with lots of hidden fields.

2 Comments
douglaslassance
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Maybe something similar to what Monday does?

douglaslassance
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m really surprised this is not getting more traction. Is that a duplicate of a much more popular thread?