Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Increase width or decrease text size in kanban cards

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcio
5 - Automation Enthusiast

(I’m trialing Kanban to see if it makes sense to [try to] get our person team to switch from Asana)

Because of each Kanban column is so thin, and the font for the title of the card is so large, only a few words from the record’s title fit in the card, and I often need to click on the card to understand what it is about. This is the case even after I significantly shortened the titles.

One possible solution would be to make the font size smaller, or customizable.

Another possible solution could be to make the width of columns customizable. Right now I have a board with 4 columns, and the right half of my screen is completely empty, which doesn’t make sense considering I can’t even read the short titles in full. If I could make columns wider, I’d be able to see the full text. However, this would only fix the problem for boards with few columns.

For boards with more columns, we’d still need another fix, like making text smaller or skinnier.

Currently because the kanban columns are very thin, AND the title for the cards are shown in a large font (relative to the width of the columns), most of my card titles are being truncated, even after considerable effort to make them shorter.

I’m new to AirTable and it looks very nice, it has potential to replace Asana for our team, but this one thing is rendering the Kanban view essentially useless for me.

Any ideas?

6 Comments
M_L
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

+1.

sis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1

Sytske
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 is this something that has been made possible since @marcio suggested this 5 years ago?

I'm considering using Airtable Kanban boards to keep track of UX research questions, but don't like it that the question is truncated - I want to show more text on the actual Kanban board cards.

Sytske
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

To everyone interested: I did find this suggestion/solution

If you change your field to a “long text” field, it will display the first few lines of text in that field (depending how long each line of text is). To see more, you would have to click on the Kanban card to open it up and see more.

But outside of showing the first few lines of “long text” fields, there is no way to customize the height of displayed fields.

Pete_Lindley

@Sytske it is a good option, but unfortunately it just makes the card longer. If you have 10 cards in a column and only 4 columns, then it is still annoying. 

Andriy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

For some reason changing the field type to long-text does not change the cards display. It's still large single line text. It would be really nice to be able to make the font smaller and have two lines of text. Any chance this may be implemented in the near future?