Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Inline linking either to internal records or web-based resources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jesse_White
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Being able to link records inline text blocks, inside long text fields. This would be a very helpful feature, I believe.

6 Comments
Jesse_White

I’m trying to manage my Roleplaying campaign in Airtable but would like to link specific records inside some of my long text formatted fields for instance “Dargon the warrior is traveling to Flurgan the village.” can “Dargon” and “Flurgan” be links to records?

W_Vann_Hall
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Unfortunately, at present Airtable does not support inline linking either to internal records or web-based resources…

Jesse_White

I wonder if I should move this to the “Feature Request” section?

W_Vann_Hall
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

I suspect there’s already a comparable post — that is, I think I remember something similar. You can search to see if you can find it and add your reply to it — or you can just go ahead and start writing your post. Discourse will prompt you with a list of what it believes to be similar topics, giving you a chance to dogpile one of them rather than create a new one.

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Just moved this to Feature Requests. :slightly_smiling_face: Didn’t find a comparable post with just a quick search but I can merge the topics if/when I do find one.

Trevor_Ellestad

Would love to see this option - quite surprised there’s not more people asking for this.

Currently, I use a LONG TEXT field to list a number of different citations and references for a record. Right now I have a separate column that links over to a separate table filled with sources, but when there are a number of citations, it’s hard to know which of the citations matches up to which source/book. Ideally, I would be able to link inline to the source… eg. “citation” would be followed immediately by a inline linked reference to the @source/@book