Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Inline linking either to internal records or web-based resources

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Jesse_White
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Being able to link records inline text blocks, inside long text fields. This would be a very helpful feature, I believe.

6 Comments
Jesse_White

Iโ€™m trying to manage my Roleplaying campaign in Airtable but would like to link specific records inside some of my long text formatted fields for instance โ€œDargon the warrior is traveling to Flurgan the village.โ€ can โ€œDargonโ€ and โ€œFlurganโ€ be links to records?

W_Vann_Hall
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Unfortunately, at present Airtable does not support inline linking either to internal records or web-based resourcesโ€ฆ

Jesse_White

I wonder if I should move this to the โ€œFeature Requestโ€ section?

W_Vann_Hall
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

I suspect thereโ€™s already a comparable post โ€” that is, I think I remember something similar. You can search to see if you can find it and add your reply to it โ€” or you can just go ahead and start writing your post. Discourse will prompt you with a list of what it believes to be similar topics, giving you a chance to dogpile one of them rather than create a new one.

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Just moved this to Feature Requests. :slightly_smiling_face: Didnโ€™t find a comparable post with just a quick search but I can merge the topics if/when I do find one.

Trevor_Ellestad

Would love to see this option - quite surprised thereโ€™s not more people asking for this.

Currently, I use a LONG TEXT field to list a number of different citations and references for a record. Right now I have a separate column that links over to a separate table filled with sources, but when there are a number of citations, itโ€™s hard to know which of the citations matches up to which source/book. Ideally, I would be able to link inline to the sourceโ€ฆ eg. โ€œcitationโ€ would be followed immediately by a inline linked reference to the @source/@book