Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Interface LIST layout - Freeze Panes, Count records & ability to add button

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Mike_Lopez
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Easy, I have a lot of columns and it would be great that we could freeze panes so I don't have to be scrolling back and forth! Also I love how the base and other areas say how many records there are in that window, it would be great if that option would be on the list layout and last but not least, I love to have buttons like "New Form Here" for X reason, it would be great to be able to add buttons on list layout.

Thanks!!

7 Comments
David_Marks
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Would like to freeze columns in List view as well in my interface!

apollomaspollo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Want this feature as well!!

TimC

This is super hard to figure out intuitively and it should be an option within Appearance, but you can hover your mouse over the vertical bar where the current frozen column is and drag it to influence how many are frozen. 

Jeroen_Sarink

Great suggestions @Mike_Lopez! I hope the Airtable team is reading this.

@TimC I believe you're referring to the Data view. In Interfaces there's no possibility to freeze any columns.

Sergei_RasKar
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 for freezing left column in List element
otherwise it makes a nested list unusable if the columns don't fit into width

TimC

@Jeroen_Sarink Ah, I missed the callout that this is about the "list" option specifically. I found it difficult at first to change how many columns are frozen in the main grid layout. 

I'm not sure I can see the benefits of using the list view over the grid view when the grid view can include fields and filters that allow things to enter and leave depending on editing one or more fields, but I'm sure they exist. My guess is Airtable created the list option for smaller quick lists and figures the grid option is for anything deeper, but I hope Airtable provides an option to freeze for you all! 

elgo84
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi this is actually a much needed feature, asap please.