Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Interface-only commentor level: non-billable.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
filipradkiewicz
5 - Automation Enthusiast
What is the proposed idea/solution?

The proposal is to abolish the fees for Interface-only commentor level. Actually, a commentor is a viewer with the possibility to comment, nothing beyond that. No edits, no creation,  no management, etc.

How does is solve the user problems?

It would change how companies (like my agency) can communicate with their clients (specifically those who are not active on a daily basis) or external partners over e.g. the workflow, reducing e-mails or calls. Clients (free of fees) can add records to a base via forms and can read them on Interface, but there is no chance to leave a comment.

4 Comments
Andrew_Davies
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I could not agree with this more.  It would be a game changer for me.  At the moment, I use third party apps (Glide / Softr etc) to gain extra functionality badly needed from my Airtable data  - but if users could at least just comment via an interface - I would be able to keep it all in Airtable. 

Paying $24 per month per user, just to allow people to comment, is crazy.

Lise_Rubarth

Yes, this >> "... Paying $24 per month per user, just to allow people to comment, is crazy.(thanks @Andrew_Davies !)

Andrew_Davies19

I have just spent the last few hours setting up a few interfaces in Airtable and must admit - I am feeling rather blown away!  I think it is superb. Can't believe what I have managed to set up in such a short amount of time.  

Breaks my heart though that I just can't use them at that cost.  I'd have approx 10 people just wanting to comment - $240 a month / $2,880 a year.  Can't justify that. 

Thanks @Lise_Rubarth too!!! 

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Yup, I can see this to be a powerful enhancement and would save my users emails and phone calls - but instead, they could all communicate directly within the comments.

Very cool idea that's much needed - and is also inline for those same Comment Only users to have the ability to submit an interface form, just like they can submit a View Form without the need of a paying account.