Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Make it easy to add multiple linked records to a cell

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoelC
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It would be great to have a native solution to this problem.

Let’s say I used the SendGrid block to email all Users in a certain grid view.
Now I want to document that the email was sent out to them in a separate Emails table.
Currently I have to manually add each emailed user to a linked Users field.

Instead, it would be great to have a method of automatically adding multiple linked records to that linked cell.

Here are two approaches to this:

1. Add a new paste option

If someone has a linked cell selected:

And then pastes a few records, I should get the option to add them to that cell (as long as they include a valid primary field that matches existing records).

For what it’s worth, all you need to do for this to work is replace newlines with commas

2. Bulk add everyone from a given view

Similar to how SendGrid can automatically send emails to everyone in a filtered view, allow the addition of multiple records at once.

Right now, adding 20 people to a sent email is really complicated and frustrating.

Either of these approaches (or many others you might come up with) would solve that.

1 Comment
Kevin_DiBenedet
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This is exactly the problem I am still trying to solve. 

I am trying to set up email log table with details regarding which large batch emails are sent to a group of faculty. When sent, I would just add all the linked record faculty names to the email log table, and can later filter on who received a message to filter out those who had previously received the last email send. we are sending the emails "manually" with Sendgrid, so I can't really use an automation to update anything. 

I'd prefer a solution like above where I can copy/paste all of the linked record/primary ID text into the linked record field and it would bulk add them. All of my previous attempts over write the linked record details attached to that faculty member name/email address.

From a manual standpoint, @JoelC do you think it would work if I grabbed all of the names, pasted them temporarily, and replaced the line break with a comma? Will the linked record field see that as multiple entries of multiple linked records?