Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Mind Map View to create and edit records

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Tim_Roth
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

The ability to create tables and records in this type of view would change my life.

20 Comments
Erica_Marx
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would be fantastic.

I also want something like electronic post-it notes. Moving blocks of ideas around on a page while maintaining the links to sources in the table. Maybe thereโ€™s an integration that would work for me (ie. Zapier to Mindmanager). Being able to create and edit records in the visual view would be so helpful.

Ugo_Gessa
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This features would make Airtable perfect for project design

J_Klempau
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Mine too!! and with the ability to have colored nodes for categorization.

Gonzague_Issenm
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This could be done via a Block. It would be very useful to navigate through linked records

Krystel_Leal
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yup! This would be great. I tried ZenKit and they have this option of mind mapping entrees. I love AirTable and Iโ€™m not moving to ZenKit, but I really need this kind of feature on my life!

Gonzague_Issenm
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

what I meant was: Airtable could design a specific new kind of Block for that kind of functionality.

Le jeu. 2 janv. 2020 ร  22:05, Krystel_Leal via Airtable Community Forum airtable@discoursemail.com a รฉcrit :

Austin_Stewart
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I put my vote in for this too! A freely associative, object-oriented mind map where every object can be used as a tag and tags become objects capable of having their own tags. Whenever I add a tag to one object, I would want the ability to have the tagged object add my current object as a tag to itself (tying them together) to make the search function easier. This would be a totally hierarchy-free system. Everything relates to everything else through tag-objects, and whatever I search for becomes the โ€œfocalโ€ object, showing tagged/related objects all around. Filters could be applied to these tags to narrow down the results being displayed/highlighted.

Other views could then be created to show the objects/tags in a way we want to see. For example, a Calendar view could be created to show all objects marked as โ€œEventsโ€. Each Event block would display certain parameters. I also thought it would be cool to have a tag system that worked kind of like old DOS, having an ability to add tag โ€œmodifiersโ€ to increase detail. Example: I want to save a Recipe, maybe I make this as โ€œRecipe-isโ€ and in my ingredients, I could add the tag โ€œRecipe-inโ€. Both of these, if I created them as objects, would be added to the โ€œRecipeโ€ object as a tag (the -is or -in would have no effect on this). The -is or -in would be helpful for showing how the object relates more specifically to the tagged object and might be useful in grouping things.

If there is another program that does this, please comment.

Darek_Mlodnicki
5 - Automation Enthusiast

BUMP BUMP BUMP

A mindmap-database combo would basically make all my other project management software obsolete. So awesome!!!

BUMP BUMP BUMP

Nicholas_Sherif

Absolutely agreed that this feature would be a game-changer. Especially with the release of the Gantt view earlier this year, Iโ€™d love to see a Mind Map view implemented. We already have similarly functioning apps, like the flow and org charts. A view would incredibly expand capacity and cut out my need for other software like virtual whiteboards or ClickUp (which has a Mind Map).

• Driven by a self-linking field that can be updated by manipulating the map, like on a gantt
  • Able to display stand-alone records on the map, unlike gantts and calendars that hide records without dates
Katerie
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I would find a mind map view or app incredibly useful if it allowed visualization of links between records in different tables.