Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Multiple Attachments Upload

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
airship
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I often upload multiple photos to the attachment field, but the process on Airtable iOS is painful. Three taps for each photo, and then have to wait for each file upload to complete before proceeding with the next file. I like Evernote’s photo attachment method where you can tap multiple files and they are numbered in the order you would prefer to view them. Waiting longer one time is better than shorter waits multiple times. This really needs to be fixed and I’m surprised I couldn’t find any other comments for this issue.

11 Comments
Michael_Berman
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I agree and would like to add another glitch - sometimes I would like to move a single attachment from one record to the next - if there are multiple attachments then the only way I know how to do this is by downloading to the computer and uploading to the next record. Drag and drop would be the most intuitive.

I have a crazy workaround to the problem ‘airship’ mentioned so that I don’t get stuck on a job site. I use a “do” button on “ifttt.com” which allows me to send a photo to a line in excel in one click (not 3!). I use another applet to react to the excel and send each newline to a new airtable record. I keep a manual list of the meaning of each of the photos and when I am by my computer, I cut and paste the attachments to the appropriate record. It’s still a hassle but allows me to be fast when I need to be fast…

Leonard_Nuara
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Create a Gallery view
Switch to Gallery view.
Grab the group of documents you want to upload.
Drag them to the icon in the lower Right corner of the Airtable Gallery View.
Release.
It will pop up a question asking to either a) make each attachment a new record, or b) add them all into one record.
I’ve uploaded thousands of attachments into individual records. Works well.
One glitch - if you upload more than 100 at a time it will not render a thumbnail of the attachment.

If ANYONE reading this has a plugin/Block/API to download ALL attachments, including multiple per record, please contact me.
Lennie

Rosy_Baker
5 - Automation Enthusiast

@airship not sure if this is still an issue for you but you can take the photos on your phone first then upload multiple files at once by attaching the photos from your “Photo Library”. It’s much quicker this way.

airship
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Still an issue for me. I tried uploading from my photo gallery on iOS and it’s still one pic at a time…

Adam_Westland
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

New Airtable user here and it would be great if the iOS app used a different control that allowed multiselect of images for attachments, vs one at a time.

Christoph_Liena
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Guys this doesn‘t work. Airtable guys, can you please say whether this is possible?

Sergei_RasKar
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

That works great! Much thanks for the advice

Sam_Hancock

I totally agree, uploading multiple images to a record is painful on iPadOS!! Really need to be able to select multiple images at once from the Photo library and have them all upload at the same time.

Also, the iPadOS app does not take advantage of split-view/multi-task capability, so drag and drop of images from iMessage for example is not possible. Would be great to address this.

Otherwise I’m liking the app so far (apart from the pretty basic graphic design… feels like a children’s book, or clip art circa 1998!) If they sorted these things out on iPadOS this would be a dream app for me.

JoshuaUser
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

They offer workarounds but… not a solution. I am baffled… going to Dropbox.

JoshuaUser
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Dropbox allows batch uploading/downloading.