Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Network and Tree View for Airtable!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Pratten
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Airtable is changing the face of software applications by separating data from form.

The Gantt, Timeline, Calendar and Kanban views are awesome. Why have special apps for these functions when your data underneath can be visualised as needed!

My product suggestion is that a Network and Tree View be added.

OR
OR

Technically these are all Directed Acyclic Graphs and there are myriads of use cases where business data forms either a hierarchy or a flow graph.

• Organisation Charts
  • Bill of Materials
  • Work Breakdown Structure
  • Product classification systems
  • Task networks (which complement the Gantt View)

etc etc.

Anyone else see value in a data driven view like this?

David

6 Comments
Melissa_Esposit
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Has anyone actually implemented this for defining a project’s work breakdown structure or for doing story point estimation based on a proposal, or for any type of cost estimation to forecast LOE and budget estimations?

Toni_Michel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We would also really appreciate a native View of hierarchical data based on self-referencing linked-record-field / Foreign Keys. This would be a huge product improvement for power-users (which sooner or later any airtable user becomes :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: )

Best regards from Stuttgart, Germany.

Shuyen

I agree! I’m looking for this exact tree view with Linked Records as the connections between items. Both within one table and across tables.

I’d also love if this tree view can be surfaced to the public via embeds!

agbush
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

up voting

astrofly
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Up voting as well - this feature would attract another population of users in the creative, business (think mind-mapping) and technical communities.

👍

shalinijain
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey folks,

Excited to share that our team at ThoughtFlow has been working on a Tree view that connects multiple tables in Airtable.
If you want to be notified when it's ready, click
here  to sign up for early access and share your thoughts.
Your input is invaluable in building a tool that fits in your workflow.