Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Number format (##,###,###.##) with comma or other separators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark_Marsiglio1
5 - Automation Enthusiast

For readability it would be nice to be able to present numbers (especially large ones) with separators such as commas. Custom defined number formats would be even better (regex).

62 Comments
Igor_Stepahin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Still no? Whyyyyy? :frowning:

Will_Gendron
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is still not a feature? My mind is blown.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

They rarely listen to us. We’re just chatting amongst ourselves here. And they think that there’s only one country in the world: USA.

They don’t realize that 50% of the countries around the world use different currency formatting. (Partial list of countries on that page.)

Best thing you can do is email support@airtable.com, and hope that enough people request this for them to finally change it within the next decade or so. :roll_eyes:

Arus_Electrical
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would like to know the possibility of changing the separation of thousands with a comma, and place it with a period. (Current: 1,000) (I need: 1,000)

me gustaría saber la posibilidad de cambiar la separación de miles con coma, y colocarla con punto. (Acutal: 1,000) (Necesito: 1.000)

Zwade_Duntin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Really do need this!!!

However, I just discovered that the currency formula works, just leave the symbol box empty when formatting.

Lon_Parker
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

4 years later, still waiting…

Josh_Hirsch
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Such a silly workaround, but completely solved the issue I was having. Thanks so much.

Johannes
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I found a workaround which does the job, however I do agree with all of you that “.” instead of “,” separators should be a common feature. This works for numbers from 1 to 999.999.999 without commas.

Let’s assume you have a column “ColumnA” which contains the number 264,984,354

Step 1
Create a support column “ColumnB” as formula type column, use the formula

CONCATENATE({ColumnA})

to convert it to a string

Step 2
Create another column as formula type column, use the formula

IF(LEN({ColumnB})<=3,{ColumnB},IF(LEN({ColumnB})<=6,CONCATENATE(LEFT({ColumnB},LEN({ColumnB})-3),".",MID({ColumnB},LEN({ColumnB})-2,3)),CONCATENATE(LEFT({ColumnB},LEN({ColumnB})-6),".",MID({ColumnB},LEN({ColumnB})-5,3),".",MID({ColumnB},LEN({ColumnB})-2,3))))

to change the number format to 264.984.354

Feel free to add a working comma-function and paste it here, I’m sure others would appreciate it.

Charlie_Livings

need this please Airtable

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Be sure to email support@airtable.com about this.

Nobody in Europe (and 80% of the world that doesn’t use USA formatting) can use the product because of this.