Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Paste images from clipboard

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Morgan_Hancock
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It would be great if you could paste an image into a cell and either a thumbnail of the image appears OR a URL to the image is created and entered in the cell. If I know a document will require screenshots, I create a google doc instead of using Airtable because itโ€™s just so much easier to use cmd+ctl+shift+4 to generate a screen grab and then paste the image.

17 Comments
Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

You can drag & drop the screenshot to the field.

Brandon_Sturgil
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Or use your Snip toolโ€ฆautomatically copies the shot, then ctrl+v into Airtable then spacebarโ€ฆseamlessโ€ฆI use it daily.

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

What you mean? I canโ€™t paste copying the file, nor copying the content of the image.

Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

Not exactly what youโ€™re looking for, but if you have an image copied to the clipboard, and you:

1. Hit enter on the attachment field to expand the upload dialog

2. Click once in the large, gray center field (yes, this is necessary - just click there - nothing will happen, but if you donโ€™t click there, step 3 will not work โ€” not sure why, just a strange Airtable quirk)

3. Paste (cmd+v) your clipboard contents

4. Press space to upload

This is a pretty quick workflow, which I think is what @Brandon_Sturgill was referring to, to get copied images into attachment fields.

Brandon_Sturgil
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect
Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

You missed this step :grinning_face_with_sweat:

All clear now.

Frances_Cherman

Elias, thank you! I had tried this (without clicking in the gray window) and thought I was going to have to live without this fabulous feature. I never would have figured out that I needed to click in the window first.

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Not at all, @Jeremy_Oglesby was the explainer! :grinning_face_with_sweat:

Marcus_Benavide

Thanks to all. One clarification is that when you expand the windowโ€“it has a large area defined by a dashed line in the center for uploading a saved file on โ€œMy Device.โ€ This area takes up most of the window. Clicking in that area will bring up the explorer window for selecting a saved file. Clicking at the top of the window, and outside the dashed area is the โ€œclick in the window firstโ€ step everyone is talking about. After that is done, one can proceed with the cntrl - v part. It took me a few tries to figure that one out; so maybe someone else had the same issue.

Sandeep
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks, but nothing seems to work for me in Mac App. Ctrl + V not at all working, regardless where I click :frowning: It does work on webapp, but not on Mac App.