Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Paste images from clipboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Morgan_Hancock
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It would be great if you could paste an image into a cell and either a thumbnail of the image appears OR a URL to the image is created and entered in the cell. If I know a document will require screenshots, I create a google doc instead of using Airtable because it’s just so much easier to use cmd+ctl+shift+4 to generate a screen grab and then paste the image.

17 Comments
Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

You can drag & drop the screenshot to the field.

Brandon_Sturgil
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Or use your Snip tool…automatically copies the shot, then ctrl+v into Airtable then spacebar…seamless…I use it daily.

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

What you mean? I can’t paste copying the file, nor copying the content of the image.

Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

Not exactly what you’re looking for, but if you have an image copied to the clipboard, and you:

1. Hit enter on the attachment field to expand the upload dialog

2. Click once in the large, gray center field (yes, this is necessary - just click there - nothing will happen, but if you don’t click there, step 3 will not work — not sure why, just a strange Airtable quirk)

3. Paste (cmd+v) your clipboard contents

4. Press space to upload

This is a pretty quick workflow, which I think is what @Brandon_Sturgill was referring to, to get copied images into attachment fields.

Brandon_Sturgil
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect
Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

You missed this step :grinning_face_with_sweat:

All clear now.

Frances_Cherman

Elias, thank you! I had tried this (without clicking in the gray window) and thought I was going to have to live without this fabulous feature. I never would have figured out that I needed to click in the window first.

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Not at all, @Jeremy_Oglesby was the explainer! :grinning_face_with_sweat:

Marcus_Benavide

Thanks to all. One clarification is that when you expand the window–it has a large area defined by a dashed line in the center for uploading a saved file on “My Device.” This area takes up most of the window. Clicking in that area will bring up the explorer window for selecting a saved file. Clicking at the top of the window, and outside the dashed area is the “click in the window first” step everyone is talking about. After that is done, one can proceed with the cntrl - v part. It took me a few tries to figure that one out; so maybe someone else had the same issue.

Sandeep
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks, but nothing seems to work for me in Mac App. Ctrl + V not at all working, regardless where I click :frowning: It does work on webapp, but not on Mac App.