Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

"New Record" ("Add record") button and shortcut

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geza_Molnar
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I’d like a “New Record” (“Add record”) button (icon) on the top beside the View-Name and before the “Hide fields”.
A shortcut would be handy, too - ‘ctrl+N’ maybe.

Have a nice day,
Géza

23 Comments
James_Carringto

I’ve seen a new ‘add record’ button appear at the bottom of some of my views recently, but it doesn’t seem to appear on all of my views. Wondering how to enable it on all views!

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome back to the Airtable Community!

That sounds like a really interesting new feature. Would you mind sharing a screen capture?

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

It’s on the Gallery & Kanban views, in the lower right corner. It’s been there for a while.

James_Carringto

Figured it out, it only shows when you have grouped views that are grouping by a calculated field.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Wow, didn’t know that one! Very cool! It would be nice if that plus sign was ALWAYS on the grid view.

James_Carringto

Yeh I agree. I was hoping it was!

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Thank you for the screen capture! I haven’t seen that before and often have records grouped by a calculated field. I’ll have to look for it.

Airtable is known for quietly testing/rolling out new features, and this looks like a nice one. It vaguely reminds me of the new record button in the iOS app.

Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

This comment provides a clue:

When records are grouped by calculated fields, new records cannot be directly added in that view. It’s a limitation of how groups behave, and I don’t think that’s going to change. You’ll have to switch to a view where there’s either no grouping, or just no grouping by a calculated field.

George_King

I am having the same problem–sometimes there is a button to add a new record, sometimes its not there! Did you ever figure out an answer?

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

The plus sign to add new records is now always visible in the lower left of the screen.