Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Regular Expressions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
William_Nutt
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m heavily considering a return to Airtable after finding Notion’s databases overly nascent and Coda overly complex. However, I’m quite stunned to find regular expression functions, e.g. REGEXMATCH and REGEXREPLACE, absent from Airtable. Do we know if the team plans to incorporate these critical functions?

3 Comments
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Not with any degree of certainty. The Airtable team is notoriously tight-lipped about their development roadmap. The only things that get talked about are features that enter the beta phase. There’s been some speculation about the possibility of Airtable gaining regex capabilities, but nothing more.

Bill_French
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

The comment about Notion is polite I think. :winking_face:

In contrast, I’m actually impressed with the Coda platform except its capacity to handle lots of records. If you struggle with Airtable’s ceiling, you’ll surely bump your head on Coda’s. However, their API and integration capabilities are pretty good.

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Not exactly what you’re looking for, but we’ve built an extension that allows you to run Regex in Airtable.