Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Set defaults on fields

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Mike_Ball
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Simply the ability to set a default on fields other than numeric

On a date, the obvious is Today

On a string, just set a default value

138 Comments
Ramsey_Stonebur
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 for default fields.

I am building a lot of forms that I want to go into specific views/structures/layouts. I canโ€™t always expect the submitter to select or fill out the correct info. If you can add โ€œselect defaultโ€ for a given field, and then โ€œhideโ€ field from form, this would allow said form to be submitted with that data. Verrrrry important and surprised it canโ€™t be done already.

Dan_McComb
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Need a way to automatically default collaborator field to person logged in using the table!

Kangland
5 - Automation Enthusiast

All fields allow to set defaults.

Jakub_ADAMEC
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Can you allow to set defaults of all basic fields, please? It will really improve Airtable, thanks a lot!

Rocky_DeHart
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I support this! This is important!

David_DeBonis

Please consider allowing single selects options to have a default value.

Greg_Herrington
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer
  • 1 for allowing a single select option to have a default value. Iโ€™m new to airtable and have been trying to figure out how to do this for about 15 minutes :). Seems like a pretty odd feature gap considering itโ€™s simplicity relative to the sophistication of some of the other awesome capabilitiesโ€ฆwhich implies that this is intentional, but I have no idea why? bueller?
Alicia_Garcia
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Make no sense to not have a default value for a single selectโ€ฆ

Tim_Shnaider
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Loving Airtable, but it is perplexing the inconsistent support for defaults.
There is no technical reason nor is there a significant effort for you to support defaults for select fields, and to support formula.s

Come on Airtable. Save us all many thousands of hack and research time and get this done.

Davide_Cencini

Hi Katherine,
this key binding doesnโ€™t seem to work on some foreign keyboards.
Iโ€™m on an Italian keyboard layout and the โ€œ;โ€ key is secondary to the โ€œ,โ€ key. Iโ€™ve tried CTRL+, and CTRL+SHIFT+, which would input the โ€œ;โ€ but it wonโ€™t insert the current date into a Date field. Short of changing my keyboard layout to English, I am unable to use this feature.
Same goes for the < and > shortcuts for changing records because on my keyboard they are on the same key. It would be great if you guys could make Airtable work better on foreign keyboard layouts, too. More foreign users-friendly design choices, please :cry: