Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Set defaults on fields

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike_Ball
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Simply the ability to set a default on fields other than numeric

On a date, the obvious is Today

On a string, just set a default value

138 Comments
Alex_Radley
5 - Automation Enthusiast

yes I came to the same workout for Project Management application. However since the field is calculated there are some limitations when the records are grouped by this and you want to add another record with the same grouped parameters.

Anders_Solberg
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

bump!
Was very surprised to find this was not already a feature

Ewout_Ongering
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This seems like a very heavily requested feature for a very long time now. I also would really like to able to set defaults on other field types!

Any update on this?

Faisal_Alahmadi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It’s 2020 why are still asking for this?

Michael_Tyznik
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This seems like extremely basic functionality that many, many people have been asking for for years — why isn’t this prioritized over something like Pexels integration that no one was asking for?

SLT_UXd

+1 on this. Would be great to have the ability to set the default selection for the single-select field, and also have default text for the single line text, and long text fields.

Mike_Ball
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Having asked the original question nearly 4 years ago I am staggered this hasn’t been addressed. It seems such a simple fix but gets overlooked by major (but questionable) new functionality. Worries me about Airtable as a commercial enterprise solution as it feels like the developers are prioritising things they think are “cool” over the market needs.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Lol, well the Pexels block was actually created by Pexels themselves, not Airtable.

And +1 on this feature request for field defaults! :slightly_smiling_face:

Pawel_Tulin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Adding default number is not working - it doesn’t pre-fill the cells

Stepan_Fedorov
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

In case there is a need for some kind of minimum users requesting this feature.

+1 for default fields, specially for single select))