Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Share View Commenting (or at least reading comments)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve_Hazeltin1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Would love to see an additional option within the Shared View to allow for the share link to include the ability to read comments. (Commenter permission won’t work for our use case, and several other peoples, it seems.) I’ve seen quite a few similar requests over the past couple of years, and I’m curious to see if there’s more interest in it now.

For us, it would allow us to strike the right balance of interacting with a guest/customer, while limiting them to a specific view. We don’t want them to be able to see everything in the base, and we’d rather them not have to create an account in order to view the relevant data. For us the data relevant to the customer IS the comments themselves.

The only workaround for this at the moment is to duplicate the base, delete the views we don’t want the customer to have, and create a commenter account for them. Even then, they still could access the base with a personal view. The shared view is what we want/need/love… but it won’t work for us without comments :frowning:

I’ve seen some random threads about this from several people, so if you’re one of those people, let’s band together to make our request known to the glorious powers that be.