Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Show an interface without airtable account.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer
What is the proposed idea/solution?

I would like to share an interface with a person that hasn't an Airtable account.

How does is solve the user problems?

In this way people without an account could see only that interface (not the base) through a link. 

Who is the target audience?

All people that work with external customers.

A lot of people commented about this idea here:

https://community.airtable.com/t5/interface-designer/how-show-an-interface-without-airtable-account/...

43 Comments
LilyUnder
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Please add this functionality. Interfaces would be incredibly useful if we could share them without requiring an account. Senior leaders are interested in metric/dashboard, which is amazing Airtable has this functionality, but if we cannot share without having an account this functionally would be very helpful for parties that just want to view a metric report.

Micheal_Ward
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

100% this.

Using the interface to display public facing info without a paid user is what interfaces are for. If a base can be done that way, why isnt an interface... makes no sense.

robinsonj
5 - Automation Enthusiast

+1, this would be very helpful.

AinhoaSM
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1000 We need this asap, we have to share info with our B2B clients about our products and we do not want to share the full base, just an user-friendly visually appealing interface

IronDudeMan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yep... I'm also somebody that might be forced by my boss to switch to SmartSheet since they can do this... Which I wouldn't like but I don't make the decisions...

JV-TRP

The SmartSheet vs Airtable debate is very real in my office as well. I am getting pressure to drop Airtable, primarily because we can’t show clients their own data trends without having them pay MORE. I can’t even show our board the company data, because they don’t have (or need) paid accounts. Public-facing, comment-only, no cost interfaces would be a game changer. Please add this functionality. It would keep Airtable from losing paying and loyal customers to competitors like SmartSheet.

KPFS

Looks like Airtable folks dont care loosing customers. Our team needs this 100+; we echo everything said above... and hope someone from Airtable is looking into this.

Ted_Charles_Bro

Almost a year later... In other threads and emails Airtable has said they have no intention of implementing this feature.

For any concerns to security, there are already other security issues with sharing Airtables. I have read these threads and would think that most of the people that are asking for this are already putting the embed behind a password.

This just seems like a feature that Airtable would rather bleed their user's money.

dianar22

PLEASE MAKE THIS AN OPTION AIRTABLE. It's the entire reason I built a system on Airtable and now i'm at a standstill. 

atusr
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

180 kudos