Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Ability to Design a Page for Printing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patrick_Meier
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Im not sure where Airtable is headed. But id be happy to print a customer a nice Paper with all the Products he ordered. I guess id like to make different form views like in Filemaker.

73 Comments
Julian_Kirkness
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi Matt

Thanks for this input - I have been looking at WepMerge so far and I agree with you about the price - way over the top for a lot of things!

However, with Google Cloud Print can you print multiple rows (typically for invoice lines etc) as you can with WebMerge?

Julian

Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

You can include as many fields from a record as you like, but you can only show one record per document. So as long as all the fields you need are there (Name, address, product, price etc) you should be fine!

Gareth_Chapman
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Worked for me! Thanks.

Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

OK,

A creative here, I haven’t written HTML in like 20 years. So apologies in advance…

Can anyone provide some SIMPLE code that works with Matt’s workflow above (THANX!) and will allow me to lay out an email/8.5x11 using just type (and emoji), type-formatting, and maybe a linked image (of a barcode)?

I took a stab at it, but Zapier get’s “bargled”. It can’t “fetch the URL”. Not sure where the error lies; and really just want to be able to generate PDF job tickets every time an Airtable record hits a particular view!

From there, it’d be great to move 'em to Dropbox, Slack, email, etc.

THANKS YALL!

A.

Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Actually, our ideal-ideal is to use an InDesign layout as our template, not HTML. But also don’t want too many integration layers, nor anything running (too) locally.

BIKE_gang
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Matt_Sayward

I am new here , but have you tried autoCrat google sheet add-on, it works for generating pdf (from google doc template) printout with google sheet records.
I think the only task left is to Zap what I want to print from airtable to a google sheet. (I use this to generate CN22 custom form, and for multirows you need to preprocess the data with Merge Values)

Yes, it will make everyone happy if all this can be done by formatable views printout inside airtable.

Sarah_Filipiak
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

We also really need this feature on a per-record basis. We don’t even need a design, just the ability to include or exclude fields in a condensed, attractive format. The print layout as it is now creates a 4-5 page printout out of what should be a one-sheet report. My designers are scrolling through several pages trying to find details in the PDF that they used to be able (pre-Airtable) to glance at one page to see.

Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Here, here!

A super-simple, black and white print view, in which we could show/hide fields, ideally dragging them around on top of a grid (to reduce or leverage negative/white space) would meet our immediate needs. 8.5x11 is fine to start, so long as PDF export is supported.

Right now, we simply can’t relay “Job Tickets” to our Design team from Airtable. The print and email record layouts are a little on the fugly side (at least to graphic designers), but much more importantly, and to Sarah’s point, they waste a TON of space.

Same goes for forms too, actually; they do not leverage screen real estate fully.

Gareth_Chapman
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Not just 8.5x11 - some of us use A4!

Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Fair, obviously (and I thought about that for a split-sec before posting…).

Most of our team’s print needs are 11x17 or 13x19 actually. But for Job Tickets, we’d lean toward Letter. Though the output would be a PDF (to be Slacked/emailed), so A4 would meet our needs in this instance.

Long-term, a range of page sizes is needed, for sure.