Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Automatic sorting in views

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Great news! We’ve just enabled this feature for everyone. Check out Mikayla’s post below for more info.

133 Comments
Jennifer_Patsel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Does anyone know if there IS a product that has auto sort?

John_Beaudoin
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

+1 for persistent sorting (especially because sorting has been offered as a workaround for another feature request: filtering data on linked fields. Thanks @Matt_Bush for checking in. Looking forward to an update!

Nickie_Bertram
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Please, consider this feature!

Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

This exactly sums up how I feel about this, particularly on group sanity.

Alan_Vardy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Wanted to mention my company’s need for autosort. I would like to have a checkbox for each particular tab to enable autosort.

For example:

We are an Mechanical contracting company that keeps track of the equipment we work on, and keep a table that is sorted by the location and designated number of the unit. As technicians add equipment to the list through a form, the new items are put at the bottom of the list gradually creating a mess that someone at the office has to resolve by going in and manually resorting the list. The technicians have view only access to the list through the web hyperlink and are unable to do it themselves as we don’t want to grant full access to our company database to every single employee we have (because that could end in disaster)

Auto sorting is a no brainer in many cases, and in situations where it doesn’t work (ie collaboration) a check box to turn it off would do just fine. We can already have entries auto filter, I’m a little confused about why this would be different.

But I’m no programmer of course!

Thank you,

Kevin_Lynch
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

bump. any updates on this? Would love a persistent sort.

Could you explain why it’s a tough engineering problem? If people aren’t continuously resorting new data sets, it doesn’t seem computing-intensive.

Amy_Keys
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Yes! Need ability to keep a sort! I use this for membership directories. When a new record is added I have to make sure it is sorted all the time to show the companies in order.

Lee_Bothwick
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Definitely need this. I’ve got a form for people to add items to the database and the idea that it doesn’t auto-sort those is chaotic.

Megan_Dunagan
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes, this! And here are the rest of the words needed to send this post.

Julien_Desrosie
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this. I see this missing piece from the first time I started using it. It’s a must-have.