Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Automatic sorting in views

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Great news! We’ve just enabled this feature for everyone. Check out Mikayla’s post below for more info.

133 Comments
clarklab
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Another big 'ol +1 to this feature.

I get that filters and sorts are different, but they are presented right there next to each other. One is persistent to the view, one is not. Kinda weird and not what I’d expect.

Amanda_Ross
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this feature.

Mike_Benson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this feature!!! Thanks!

Stew_Dellow
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 - This is a must have feature. The keyboard shortcut mentioned above is not good enough. I have to remember a load of keyboard shortcuts for various applications as it is, I shouldn’t have to remember yet another one for something that should be a basic feature.

This is the one feature stopping me going premium right now.

Gabe_FromMaui
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agree!! All you need is a little checkbox at the bottom of the “sort” dropdown menu.

The wording & functionality could be quite simple:
“Autosort this view automatically”

Andre_Zijlstra
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Please please please Airtable, make this a top priority. I honestly can’t see how this can be a major issue.
Using a checkbox (like @Gabe_FromMaui mentioned) for example to check if you want autosort, is a nice solution.
Programming the sorting process is easy, testing this is easy as well. It is easy scoring! You will make hundreds of users really happy.

I litterally have 10s of views that need to be update every time, just because of the lack of this feature.
Please, update the community asap.

Guido_Gambera
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this feature!!

Carlos_Mario_Co

+1

Please, at least auto-sorting when reloading the page.

Johnny_Mkitaria
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 from my team on this, too. It will be really useful for us.

Ramiro_Delgado
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

4.2k*$20= $84,000/month. cmon Airtable, you guys are making a killing, since Dec '15 2015 and this feature still hasn’t been implemented. You can use some of that $84,000 you are making from us a month and hire a team to do it in a week, almost 3 years with this feature being ignored. I expect this from other companies to ignore their customers, but form you guys i expect better, and thats what make me sad! Also, you have 4,200 users that sparked interest for this feature, and not one employee is has made push? Everyone like this, please! Please!

image.png