Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Automatic sorting in views

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Great news! We’ve just enabled this feature for everyone. Check out Mikayla’s post below for more info.

133 Comments
Vincent_Vandoor
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1, We really need this. It seems so obvious ! :frowning:

Geek_Girl
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes, please add the ability to autosort. It’s quite annoying that everytime I go to a view where I have a sort set that I have to manually initiate the sort.

Pamela_Furtado
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I can’t believe this is not an obvious feature. +1 to adding this.

Chris_Lu
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1! An autosort option at view-level would be an excellent addition. Perhaps with an option for it to be enabled either a) constantly (i.e. reactive to live changes) and b) only when a view is loaded (so the sort remains static whilst edits are made).

Nick_Bergthold
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This is a desperately needed feature for our organization. We track projects by completion date and too often new projects are getting buried to the bottom of the list.

Anna_Dardick
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes please, auto sort! This is a big issue for us.

Nicole_Leiter
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

A thousand times THIS. We love AirTable and I use it exclusively every single day to run my department, meaning I have literally 20 different views within my base, and each view is sorted by different criteria and viewable by different people and it is very time consuming to have to manually sort each view every time a new record is added. Just as quickly as records can be filtered in and out of views with changes made, an auto sort of some kind would be so beneficial for us!

Cody_Gordon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Another +1 on this, very much needed!

John_Beaudoin
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Glad to see that this request remains alive (thanks, @Katherine_Duh, for the maintenance). Having an auto-sort would solve one of my biggest challenges with Airtable.

Heracles
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 on this feature request
It’s essential for kanban based workflows or dashboards.