Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Limit linked record selection to a view

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury
123 Comments
Stephen_Chapman
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Would be a useful feature to minimise selection from a linked table’s rows.

Example:
Our business has subcontractors who become active and inactive at different periods, their activeness represented by a checkbox data column.
If they are inactive, they should not be able to be selected when assigning a subcontractor to a service.

Matt_H
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any updates on this feature?

Matt_H
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

There are a couple of threads looking at solutions for this problem, but no updates in a while. Not being able to filter makes airtable far less useful for my use (and more so in forms) and so we have not been able to move over our data to airtable.

Is there a solution I am missing?

Andrew_Haynes
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’ve got pretty much the same usecase as discussed above (staff being able to select shifts to work). A filter on the form page would be great. Alternatively a filter on the “Link to another record” field type, so only certain records were available to link.

Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

It would be great if the base creator could in some way limit the fields that were able to have a linked record added to them, either by:

A) Adding filters to the linked record field dropdown

or more realistically

B) Having a dropdown in the field options that limited the View that the linked records have to be chosen from.

For example, imagine I have a base with a table in it called Products. In here are a load of unique products. Imagine that 100 are marked In Stock, and 400 are marked Sold. I have a filter on this view called ‘Available Products’ that filters on just the In Stock products.

Now imagine I have another table called Orders, where I take customer information and link to the desired product record.

If I could limit the linked records to the ‘Available Products’ view of the Products table, it would ensure orders weren’t being put against items that had sold.

Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Another use case for this would be if you wanted to have a public form with a linked record field that didn’t expose any sensitive data.

Marie_Jedlickov
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1, please add this feature

Rohit_Singh
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1. @Airtable team, is this feature part of future roadmap?

Daniel_Robbins
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

One more specific example:

• I want to only display linked items that have a particular property set on them.

• In the embedded base, in the “Tags” table, in the “Products” column, I want to only show those Products that have a “Available” checkbox set to true.

I can create a view that filters to only show “Tags” that are associated with Products where “Available” is true but the listed Products for each Tag are not filtered.

The entire Base is here, but in this post I am referring to the “Tags” table:
https://airtable.com/shr0Taabg30sSrFhB

MONKiAIR

I’m really in need of this feature as well!