Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Request: Entity Relationship Diagram

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
JMichaelTX
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It would be really great if you could provide a Entity Relationship Diagram that will quickly and concisely communicate the structure of the Base.

Something like this:

###Entity Relationship Diagram

7ab177cc24d6c89c4b219654a2219c8a12a83706.pnghttps://www.edrawsoft.com/images/examples/entity-relationship-diagram.png

10 Comments
ripwit
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Totally agree! Even better if, someday, we could draw relations on the ERD. Etc., etc.

Pete_Vilter
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1; would be a great Block.

Scott_Fay
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for an ERD view on a base

Leah_Riffell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1! If I go forward with Airtable, Iโ€™ll have to create this outside of the app.

Rod_Tagle

This would be amazing and much needed for bases that are complex in nature.

Ruth_Gilleran
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Does anyone know if Airtable has a plan to show the data model that the user created by linking tables? It would be so helpful to see the data model.

Evan_Bovie
Alan_Yiu1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi everyone, you can use the Base schema app to visualize the structure of your base. Let us know if you have any questions or feedback. Thanks!

Ryan_Watters

@Alan_Yiu1. Thanks for pointing out this cool app, but I think what folks are looking for is more like an entity-relationship diagram/model (ERD/ERM); i.e. something that includes crowโ€™s foot notation to show one-to-one vs one-to-many vs many-to-many. This schema app is still awesome in that it maps the specific fields, which is great, but I think the ERD is a slightly different use case, no?

Ant_Couzens
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Totally agree - came to airtable with ERD as a key requirement. will have to look elsewhere :cry: