Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Sub-Headings/Sub-groupings

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lucky_Bommiredd
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Would love the ability to create subheadings under which to group multiple fields. For example, the ability to have a “Channel” field heading, which 4 different fields – Organic, Direct, Social,
referral – would appear under. Then those groups/subheadings can be collapsed/expanded, which would simultaneously collapse/expand all the fields that fall under it.

1 Comment
Kyle_Johnson

This idea sounds like it might be, or at least similar to, what I've been hoping would be added for a while now.  I pictured, in an expanded record view, additional groupings, similar to the hidden field collapsible group at the bottom, additional user configurable collapsible groups for like-fields.

The base I mainly use Airtable for is set up for project estimation.  My projects table has 270 fields, and I'd like to be able to quickly focus in on fields that I use for scope qualification, or fields for pricing, or contact information.

I think a more practical version of the grouping I described above would be to include tabs underneath the primary fields of the expanded record view.  This way, it would be quicker to navigate between different groups since you won't need to scroll all the way to the top of a group to collapse it, and the hidden fields could also be grouped accordingly.