Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Universal Tags fields

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Husain_Almughan
5 - Automation Enthusiast

i create weekly task table for my activities, but adding tags with multi select is slow,

Airtable: Organize anything you can imagine

Airtable works like a spreadsheet but gives you the power of a database to organize anything. Sign up for free.

it will be faster if there are tags fields that i can type it once in a place and use it in each column instead of using multi select and retyping the tags for each column fields

11 Comments
Zachariah_Kral

This would be extremely helpful. I’d like to just type into the field with a delimiter, and change the visualization to the current multi-select visualization or to another delimiter in the UI. I see how this can currently be accomplished by switching between single-line and multi-select formats, but ultimately it would make the most sense for there to be an input/visualization format that doesn’t convert the data, but does offer flexibility in how it is input and visualized. Maybe specifically a “tag” cell type.

Ryan_Hubbard
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’d also love to see a tag field type

Shalaka_Gole
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer
  • 1! Really want to be able to tag long-input text that makes it searchable by tag! Airtable team, is this on your roadmap? :slightly_smiling_face:
Kent_MacWilliam

I Agree that tags cell type would be helpful, as would a way to group by tag. Currently sorting using ‘Group’ for multi-select field type is cumbersome, and there’s not other way to display by individual tags. Looking for more functionality around tags.

Eric_Friedman2
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any update on universal CSV tagging feature? Would be very helpful

Hannes_Bez
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1

This is literally the only feature keeping Airtable from being 100% perfect, but it’s a big missing piece. Universal tags - preferably simple to use and visually appealing for other team members - are a must-have.

Stephen_Bastabl
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Late to this thread, but absolutely agree. I’m impressed by AirTable, but a universal tags field type seems sorely lacking. For now, I’ll create my own delimited lists and assume that I’ll be able to convert them to true arrays later.

Eamon_OConnor

Likewise late to this convo but I agree that tagged fields would be extremely helpful. We have tables with many fields, for projects with several collaborators, and it would save a lot of time/headache if it were possible to create views by filtering out different field classes (sort of CSS-style logic) rather than having to manually hide each one.

vtich

i agree too that tag type field would be useful

Neil_Schneider

Would LOVE tags as well. Let’s get this going Airtable!