Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

ZIP Code Field Type

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Tyler_Nelson
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It would be nice to have a ZIP Code field type so that when a zip code is entered, it would automatically fill in the city and state in a field next to the zip code field.

5 Comments
W_Vann_Hall
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Thatโ€™s not a ZIP Code field type: Thatโ€™s a live link to the appropriate PTT, knowledge of a bunch of different APIs, location checking of your access, testing and version control, and so on. Youโ€™re probably better off building it in Zapier โ€“ at least that way youโ€™re guaranteed what it does it what you want it to do.

Personally, Iโ€™d like to be able to enter an address, have the address standardized, have the 5-digit ZIP checked against the address, and have the ZIP+4 populated. If I can come to agreement with the Zapier guys over being able to test my Zaps (hey, I love you all โ€” just not $600/yearโ€™s worth), I hope to build an interface to the USPS(oops; thatโ€™s โ€˜U.S.P.S.,โ€™ according to their style guide)'s Address Standardization Web Tool; your need could be served by the City/State Lookup Web Tool. Iโ€™ll see if I can defined an interface to it, as wellโ€ฆ

Abizar_Lakdawal
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have created a lookup table, where if you type in the Zip code, it will fill in the city, state and Country (US only). Donโ€™t know how to upload it for community use โ€ฆ

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the Airtable community!

You can share your base with others by publishing it to the Airtable Universe.

Emily_Gonzales
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

please please please publish this lookup table!! Airtable

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You can also download zip code data โ€“ and then import that data into an Airtable lookup table โ€” from ZipWise.com. They also offer the ability to access zip code data via their API.