Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

ZIP Code Field Type

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tyler_Nelson
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It would be nice to have a ZIP Code field type so that when a zip code is entered, it would automatically fill in the city and state in a field next to the zip code field.

5 Comments
W_Vann_Hall
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

That’s not a ZIP Code field type: That’s a live link to the appropriate PTT, knowledge of a bunch of different APIs, location checking of your access, testing and version control, and so on. You’re probably better off building it in Zapier – at least that way you’re guaranteed what it does it what you want it to do.

Personally, I’d like to be able to enter an address, have the address standardized, have the 5-digit ZIP checked against the address, and have the ZIP+4 populated. If I can come to agreement with the Zapier guys over being able to test my Zaps (hey, I love you all — just not $600/year’s worth), I hope to build an interface to the USPS(oops; that’s ‘U.S.P.S.,’ according to their style guide)'s Address Standardization Web Tool; your need could be served by the City/State Lookup Web Tool. I’ll see if I can defined an interface to it, as well…

Abizar_Lakdawal
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have created a lookup table, where if you type in the Zip code, it will fill in the city, state and Country (US only). Don’t know how to upload it for community use …

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the Airtable community!

You can share your base with others by publishing it to the Airtable Universe.

Emily_Gonzales
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

please please please publish this lookup table!! Airtable

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You can also download zip code data – and then import that data into an Airtable lookup table — from ZipWise.com. They also offer the ability to access zip code data via their API.