Help

Airpress, the Wordpress plugin (formerly named Airfields) has launched!

38039 69
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m proud to announce the public release of Airpress, a plugin for Wordpress.org websites!

f8489fd96f348bab078cc641c28af3d21379bd92.png

Airpress gives you access to all your Airtable data, allowing you to create Wordpress websites that are fully integrated with your precious Airtable data. Read more on http://wordpress.org/plugins/airpress

Do you think you’ll install the Airpress plugin?

• Nope. I’m good with Airtable
  • Nope. I don’t have a Wordpress website
  • Sure. I might give it a try sometime
  • Yes! I need to display Airtable data right now!

0 voters

69 Replies 69
Nat
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Chester_McLaughlin & thread fyi we added Airpress to resource directory here: https://builtonair.com/resources - good work!

Bess_Wadler
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

So, my clients’ wordpress.com site just let me install Airpress! Looks like you got sufficiently “popular” :slightly_smiling_face:

Matthew_QUINN
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there any way to add a featured image using the airpress shortcodes?

Hi Chester, is it possible with this plugin to get data from a Form and create a record??
Thanks in advance

Hello @cesar_nates, best way would probably be to integrate Airtable Form directly in your WordPress page.

Otherwise, if you are willing to use a WordPress Contact Form plugin, the try to find a Form plugin that has an integration with Zapier or Integromat and connect it to Airtable that way.

Will probably be easier that use AirPress for that task. (even if I really like AirPress for lots of other tasks :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: )

Florian

I would use a Webhook to notify an Airtable automation.

Tom_Keysers
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi @Chester_McLaughlin I’m just wondering, since the plugin hasn’t been updated in quite a while (not officially tested with the latest 3 major releases of WordPress, even though I can testify it still works with recent wp versions), are you planning on maintaining this plugin?
Or should I/we start thinking about forking this project?

Thanks in advance, and also a big thanks for what this plugin has meant so far – a lot!

For all those who are interested, someone has opened up a topic on the Airpress plugin page stating he’d we willing to take up maintenance and open it up for community involvement: Security Update | WordPress.org

He has already forked it on Github and fixed a security issue: GitHub - Basicbydesign/airpress
I advise everyone to go check it out and start using this version!

And everyone who’d like to be involved in the maintenance is very welcome to leave a message through the plugin page or Github. It would be great for this plugin to have multiple contributors (unless @Chester_McLaughlin revives – I hope he’s doing well) :slightly_smiling_face:

Stephane_Menet
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi there,

As I already posted on the AirPress support, we decided to develop a new plugin to link WordPress & Airtable. We worked hard to try to be as good as this one.

Thanks @Tom_Keysers for your message and your work on the fork ! :slightly_smiling_face:

For now, we focused on Add-ons for Gravity Forms and Contact Form 7 but our plugin “Airtable WP Synch” will be available very soon. :slightly_smiling_face:
We hoped as well to release several add-ons to connect Airtable with others WordPress plugins forms such as JetPack or Ninja Forms.

Please go here to be notified :

Thanks !

Joe_Hewes
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hmm looks like Airpress is no longer available for download - it’s been removed from the Wordpress plugin catalogue since April 22nd 2022 :frowning:

source: Airpress – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

Any thoughts of a revival @Chester_McLaughlin ?

Yes. At minimum basic security updates and testing with latest wordpress so that it stays afloat. I’m working to carve out the time to make that happen. When I released this as my first open source project I didn’t count the cost of ongoing maintenance and support and I have obviously struggled with that.

That’s great news - thank you so much :100:

Welcome back @Chester_McLaughlin!

Thank you so much for creating AirPress and making it available.
I use AirPress as the glue for an Airtable portal for a small organization with a microscopic budget, and it works beautifully.

That is awesome to hear.

Yeah, maintaining/supporting code can take as much if not more time than initially developing the code. And monetizing a WordPress plugin takes a lot of effort as well, with no guarantees.

There is less of a need for AirPress now that there are portals such as Softr, Pory, MiniExtensions, and Stacker. But those services all have monthly services fees, and AirPress has a unique system that allows for a lot more flexibility to someone familiar with WordPress and html/css.

Best of luck with whatever path you choose to take with AirPress.

Hi @kuovonne
The plug-in is no longer available. What tool should we use to replace it ? :confused:

There is a wide variety of tools for creating a website with Airtable data: Softr, Pory, Glide, Webflow, etc. You can search these forums for more info.

Hi Joffrey, you can use Air WP Sync which is a brand new WordPress plugin and very promising :slightly_smiling_face: :

Thank you ! Glad someone has done a good tool ! I’ll check this out.

I hope you’ll love it.
Feel free to send us any feedback by email at hello@wpconnect.co ! :slightly_smiling_face:

Stephane-DK
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Joe_Hewes @kuovonne, feel free to download and install it as well. Any feedbacks are welcome ! :slightly_smiling_face:
@cesar_nates, you can use Gravity Forms or Contact Form 7 add-ons (WP Forms, Ninja Forms and Formidable Forms are coming soon) :

Looks great at first look. Any hint on your pricing before we get too involved?