Help

Re: How can I get rid of the cookie popup in the embed view ?

4052 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexandrepro
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Airtable has just released a popup to allow cookies on all embed views making my app not usable anymore....

Each time I refresh the page, the same popup is displayed !

How can I get rid of this popup allowing cookie ?

Thank you for your help!

40 Replies 40
JakobPindstrup

@egg: Great that you have asked Airtable about this. Absolutely perfect.
Yes, we definitely need to ensure that the 'cookie consent' is asked only once. However, it is a problem that 'cookies' need to be accepted on 'embedded forms' at all. We have set up 'cookie consent' for our entire site, which users accept. Therefore, this does not work for us at all and is an annoyance for users.

Will_Henderson

I'm wondering if this is ironically counter to GDPR policy: if a user clicks 'reject all' cookies as they are intended to be able to do, presenting them with the cookie option immediately after reloading surely constitute breaking the regulation as they have already explicitly told you they don't accept your tracking.

I'm concluding this must therefore be a bug as there's no way it can be intentional.

This is indeed the case and they breach the GDPR by doing so.

I have warned them that I am going to tell the GDPR governance in Bruxelles and Paris if they do not do anything about it asap.

dancourse

When you reject cookies in the `ico.org.uk` - it respects it and doesn't ask again, unlike the present Airtable implementation of the cookie banner. 

https://cln.sh/cBFwYyP9F4gVKrhbcXcx

[edited for clarity - the point I wanted to make was the Airtable cookie banner should respect your choice]

alexandrepro

No it does not each time I reject it, it loads the same popup once again when I refresh my page

Hi @WillC ! Thanks so much for your comment.  wrote back to support with this gdpr info and they just replied:
"Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are forwarding this context to our Legal team. In full transparency, due to the company holiday/Thanksgiving, our team will be out of the office through the end of this week. I will be sure to follow up with our team when they are back in the office on Monday (11/27) and to follow up with you when I have more information from them. "

Will keep you up to date when i have nore news

alexandrepro

Thanks a lot I have done the same.

If nothing moves we would act as a collective to start a class action against Airtable stipulating how they violate the EU GDPR with this new popup on embed views that you just cannot close even if you don't accept it or accept it! I already know who I could reach out to if nothing is done.

(and this without talking about how they totally disrespect their paying customers who are using their embed views on a daily basis by implementing this cookie popup that you cannot close either you accept it or not...).

Will_Henderson

Great work. I also have an open ticket with enterprise support so hopefully they are starting to take notice.

sricha27

Just to add fuel to the fire, this is a disaster for me too,  I have hundreds of embeds in a large ebook written in Notion.  Notion renders a standard share link, not the embed code, in case that matters.  Anyway, it's broken now, everywhere I look I have stupid cookie banners popping out at me on every page.  How is it possible that this got past testing and to be honest I'm a bit shocked that the airtable team just went on holiday, when they've shipped such a serious bug, affecting thousands of their users.  I'm not really sure why cookies are needed in embeds anyway, we don't want any information preserved after a page refresh

JakobPindstrup

I completely agree. I've heavily relied on a combination of form embeds and view embeds for our entire setup. This totally downgrades our setup and we have already seen an almost 90% drop in signups on our CTA forms on our website on our mobile version after this update. I would be extremely sad to have to seek an alternative to Airtable, but it might become a reality soon. I genuinely hope that Airtable take all of us seriously on this matter.