Add new linked record when entering data in a form

This would be really useful for a project I’m prototyping too…

Hi Matt. Please help us fixing this issue with the add-new-record-in-forms-field-with-linked-record issue. We are using Airtable in a big way across two companies. I can also see there is some other frustrated users out there. This is a very important step to really be able to automate things. This absent feature still require a lot of manual labour. To take an example. On our livestock marketing platform in the Agriculture industry we require users to enter their details for new deals. Obviously old users will just pop up in the form, but new users need to enter their names and then we have to manually enter them in the linked record column. Now we have to look to Zapier or other workflow integrations to let this happen. Very impractical. I hope to hear from you soon. Kind regards

Hi Matt,

I have several paying clients who are not very technically inclined keep asking for this feature. Is there a workaround for this feature?

I have lost customers in the past because the explanation of why this feature works in Grid View, but doesn’t work in Form View is always very weak.

+1

Please create this! This is a large pitfall :-1:t5::-1:t5::-1:t5::-1:t5::-1:t5::-1:t5::-1:t5:

Hi everyone. I hope this reaches the team at Airtable. My scenario is that I’m just testing out products similar to yours and I just wanted to let you know that, unfortunately, I’m going to have to pass on Airtable because I was looking precisely for the OP’s feature. It’s a pity, because Airtable looks like a great product. Unfortunately I need a product right now so I must move on and continue my search through other products. But, I want to wish you the best of luck. I’m most certain that your other users–both existing and future–absolutely need this feature.

Would help us in our meetings form submission. +1 for this feature