Hi Airtable fam,
I’ve tried everything at this point… After banging my head against the wall for a full two days, I decided to stop being a dummy and ask for help.
Full disclosure… I am a complete novice on Airtable, having just started to interact with it about a week ago.
In essence, what I’m attempting to do is:
- Retrieve all the records of one table (exercises)
- Filter by two metrics (match difficulty of the exercise with a “difficulty selector”, + or - 1 on a different table, AND make sure the required equipment for the exercise matches what the user has, again, on a different table.)
- Paste the RECORD IDs of the exercises that pass the filter into a field in another table (there are usually about 20-30)
I’ve been able to get pretty far down the road on my own using Integromat. The only step giving me grief is step 3…
Here’s what my Integromat scenario looks like:
- Airtable - Watch Records
- Airtable - Search Records
- Array Aggregator
- Filter (for difficulty and equipment)
- Array Aggregator
… from there I have no idea how it should play out.
- I’ve tried pasting the resultant array from the second aggregator directly into the field in Airtable and, because it’s an array of collections, it’s trying to paste “[Collection]” into the field.
- I’ve tried iterating back through all the exercises and adding them one-by-one to the table, but Integromat simply updates the value 20-30 times and leaves me with the last exercise in the target field.
- I noticed that if I, as an Airtable user, just paste a series of record IDs separated by commas into the field, it works, so I tried iterating through, converting the record IDs to text, and appending a ", " but Integromat will either add all of them as one new record, for example “rec…, rec…, rec…, rec…” if I have “Smart Links” enabled. If I have them disabled, it throws an error that it’s unable to create a new option in the multi-select field.
I’ve seen some questions on here that are similar, but deal with JSON. I haven’t converted anything to JSON in Integromat… do I need to?? I tried many times to duplicate the JSON workflows that are listed here to no avail.
I’m at a loss. I’m probably over-complicating this, but I’d appreciate an assist if anyone has experience trying to automate a workflow with Integromat. And, as someone who’s not a programmer and a newbie to Airtable, please explain like I’m five.