Monitoring a date field for holiday conflicts

Hi all!

We have an onboarding checklist that we use for the IT, People, and Office teams when our company hires a new employee.
This table is used to share out information like first/last name, start date, starting location, role, and more.
Sometimes, the recruiters and coordinators are unaware that the start date might be a holiday.

I’d love to find a way to monitor the start date field and check it against a list of company holidays (which we would like to manage and assign to locations) and alert us via Slack if a new hire is planned to start on a holiday.

I’m kind of stuck, but hoping that somebody has an idea.
We can also utilize Zapier, and any other tools that may be helpful for this

Hi @Greg_Bowen, the best way to do this would be with Integromat instead of Zapier, because it is more fully-featured than Zapier (and much cheaper, too).

You could likely do this with an Airtable automation too, but I don’t see a way to do it without writing a custom JavaScript.

If you have a budget for this project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant & Registered Integromat Partner to help you create this, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com.

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.