Hello Airtable Community!
We’re inspired by the example scripts you’ve started to build in the scripting beta, and we’d love to see more of them! To that end, we’ll be hosting a series of challenges over the course of the beta - with fun prizes ready for the creators of the best scripts
First up: Script Remix Challenge.
Remix one of our sample scripts to share with the community, submit it, and we’ll highlight and reward the best of the bunch.
You may have noticed that we provide a few examples directly in the scripting block. They’re a great starting place- but we know you can use them as a foundation to create something even cooler. Maybe it’s applying the basic concept to a specific use case! Maybe it’s adding more features or functionality! Interpret ‘remix’ as creatively as you like
Here’s what you need to know:
- Create a base with your custom remixed script in the scripting block (beta) and post in here in the community forum for consideration! We recommend publishing the base that the script works in to Airtable Universe so others can easily make a copy and see the script in action.
- You’ll need access to the scripting block beta to participate. You can request access here (if you haven’t already). If you don’t want to create your own script but have a great idea, reply to this thread and post it as a request.
- Include comments to explain what each part of your script does so others can understand and adjust for their own bases!
- Give any constants descriptive names to make you script easier to read and understand.
- If you reference specific fields or tables directly in your script, make this clear in your comments so other users can update the names to match their own base setups. We recommend put anything that you expect others to change in order to use your script in a different base at the top of the script so it’s easy to find
And here’s a few logistics:
- Create a new thread with your script and post the link as a reply here by 5pm (PST) on Monday to be considered.
- If you’d previously posted a script that matches the remix theme, feel free to submit it!
- We’ll highlight the top submissions and the best one will receive a $100 Amazon gift card. Everyone who participates will get something special, too!
Got questions, want to share an idea, or ask for help? Just reply to this post. We’re excited to see what you come up with!