Remove quotation marks from concatenate when copying

Hey all, this question has been asked in the past but no real solution has been provided. I wonder if 12 months later we might have a work around.

Every time I copy a concatenate cell, it adds quotations marks around the text " ".

Opening each cell individually and then directly copying the text adds such an un-necessary step to my workflow.

Is there another column I could apply a formula to that would remove the quotation marks?

Thanks

That’s interesting. I’ve noticed that quotation marks are added when I copy text that contains new lines (both for text that’s concatenated, as well as text in a Long Text field), but have never noticed quotation marks around concatenated single line text

Where are you copy pasting it to? Lemme see if I can figure out a workaround for you

Thanks Adam, I use it for customer reach out to various different areas (email, sms etc/.).

I’ve tried it into a number of different environments with the same result. Basically if you copy with the cell heighlighted, it’s adds the quotes. If you open/expand the cell and highlight the text, no quotes. This just adds another step though that isn’t optimal for my workflow.

At this stage I’m thinking of setting up a copy macro in keyboard maestro (I’m Mac based) and edit the text with the macro.

Would obviously be much easier just copying as normal.

Thanks again!

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.