Help

πŸ“’ Introducing Actionable Messages: Seamlessly Interact with Airtable Data in Slack! πŸš€

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Chris_Ferrer
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi Airtable Community! I’m Chris, a Product Manager here at Airtable. We're thrilled to announce Actionable Messages! πŸŽ‰ Actionable Messages lets you take act on Airtable data from Slack. No more switching between apps, just seamless updates.

What are Actionable Messages? Never miss a beatβ€”you and your team receive gentle nudges for tasks that need their attention, and can take immediate action in Slack: make updates, approve assets, triage bugs, and more.

Chris_Ferrer_0-1691079858035.png

How to Get Started? It's easy! Builders can add the Slack Actionable Messages Automation to your existing or new workflows. Select a trigger, set up the Slack message, and watch the updates flow in. It's as simple as that!

Chris_Ferrer_2-1691079882733.png

Some Example Use Cases:
βœ…Approvals:

• Approve PTO requests instantly
  • Review creative assets effortlessly

🧐 Intake and Triage:

• Categorize IT tickets quickly
  • Acknowledge escalations with a click

⚑️ Updates:

• Remind someone to close open tickets

Please share your feedback and questions here!

20 Comments
Abraham_Bochner
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Surely, this "feature" is something we, the "community", have been imploring from your team. Your "annocumnet" genuinely captures the essence of how keenly you've been "listening" to us, your customers.

It's about time you altered your thought "send" for the sake of your devoted users.

For more read here

Jack_Manuel
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Neat! But I can't get the recipient to work when sending to a user, rather than a channel. When using a static option (only Airtable users are selectable) or when using a dynamic option ("Created By" field, tried user email and user name), sending a test message fails and the Recipient in the output is blank.

I'm able to send to a channel no problem. 

Joe_Svingala
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Are the groupings of buttons only clickable once? I designed a test & sent it to our Org-Wide Airtable Slack channel to have our 90 some users test it, I set the button to ultimately increment up a number field as if it was a 'poll' and only the first individual who touched the first button was allowed to trigger the button action. All other users who attempted this afterwards had sent me a direct message saying it wasn't working. The first individual couldn't hit the second button either, after it recorded the first button press - the second button was no longer triggering the action to increment up the second number field.

LearningAgent
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Chris_Ferrer I'm curious, why do I not have access to this feature/automation node?
Seems a little strange to publicly announce a feature (I found this via linkedin) and then not have users be able to access it.Screenshot 2023-08-06 at 11.45.10.png

Joe_Svingala
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@LearningAgent 
Unfortunately thats been a significant communication issue of theirs since their org changes earlier in the year

Product Releases can be found here: https://www.airtable.com/whatsnew

Most of the announcements these days are product features & usually will be availed to enterprise customers first, or are beta signups. 

spancakes
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Would really like to see actionable emails built in a similar way. We have a lot of non-employee volunteers that would never use Slack, but do use email.

Chris_Ferrer
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

@Jack_Manuel Thanks for your comment! Are you still running into this issue. If so could you send some screenshots and DM me the applicationId so we can have the team investigate further? I tried running the scenario you mentioned using the Created By field with the user ID or Email Address, and it worked for me 

Chris_Ferrer
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

@LearningAgent Are you still not seeing "Actionable Messages" under the Slack integration. The feature has been rolled out to 100% of customers. 

Chris_Ferrer
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

@Joe_Svingala Only the first user's response will be recorded. This is helpful feedback, and something we'll keep in mind as we explore future improvements. 

Gloria_Bennett

Excellent. Can we expect a similar function for Teams?