cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gisele_Macieira
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello!
I’m testing the automations avaible in airtable and I’ve noticed that the email action doesn’t read html format. I wish to know if it’s possible the implementation of this service. Another question about the automation is about any partnership with a e-signature platform.

7 Replies 7

Hi Gisel, and welcome to the community!

Do you mean “write” email’s formatted with HTML, or ingest and parse emails with HTML formatting in them?

I believe Integromat can do this. Perhaps @ScottWorld knows.

Welcome to the community, @Gisele_Macieira!

Yes, @Bill.French is absolutely correct, as he is about 99% of the time! :winking_face:

Integromat is an absolutely brilliant tool with 100% full Airtable support. It is my personal favorite no-code automation platform, and it effortlessly does both of the things that you are requesting:

(1) send/receive/process/parse HTML emails
and
(2) integrate with e-signature platforms.

I am a professional Airtable consultant and a Registered Integromat Partner, and the Integromat link contains my personal referral code above.

If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an absolute expert to help you with these automations, that’s exactly what I do for businesses. :slightly_smiling_face:

Feel free to contact me through my website at scottworld.com.

Best,
Scott

Hello Bill, what I mean is that I can’t write email’s formatted with HTML, If I use a HTML code as the input of the email message the output is just the code, as if the language is not supported.

Correct. The email body field in the “Send email” automation action only supports plain text, plus a narrow subset of Markdown syntax for rich-text formatting. If you’d like to request HTML support, I suggest writing to Airtable support directly.

But it doesn’t prevent you from injecting HTML into the email body via a previous script action or as a direct field. Prove the concept like this:

1. Create a long text field named htmlMessage without markdown enabled.
  2. Create a sample HTML message in that field.
  3. Create an email action that embeds the HTML field as the message body.

Just ran a test. The HTML renders as text.

Very odd - I verified this a few months ago. Perhaps it was modified by the folks at Airtable.

I know it works with embedded markdown from previous scripts and this is how I overcame the extra line breaks.

I’ll retest and circle back.