cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lolofo777
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I receive information from a webhook trigger at the beginning of my automation. I want to apply conditional logic based on the values of certain variables in the webhook data (in this case, I'm using Stripe to trigger this Airtable webhook). If you examine the structure of the data contained in the webhook, you'll find that most of the useful variables are located in Body > Data > Object > ...

Capture d’écran 2023-11-27 à 04.24.00.png

However, when i try to set the condition in the Conditional logic block, I can't have access to the variables in Object (there is no little arrow ' > ' on the right)...

Capture d’écran 2023-11-27 à 04.25.11.png

Is this bug ? Is there a workaround ?

Thanks for the help,
LF

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@lolofo777 

Unfortunately, Airtable webhooks have a tremendous number of limitations, as explained in this support article.

And then, even if you successfully meet all of the webhook limitations, Airtable’s conditional actions are even more restricted & more limited.

Writing your own custom JavaScript programming code is one possible solution. 

However, if you’d like the best no-code way of doing this that doesn’t require writing any programming code at all, your #1 best bet is to use Make for your Airtable automations instead.

Not only does Make have the world’s most advanced custom webhooks and webhook responses that you can possibly imagine, but more importantly for you, Make has native Stripe integration built into the platform… so you probably won’t even need to use webhooks at all. 

Make also has extremely advanced conditionals called “filters” that I explain briefly in this video.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

Hello @lolofo777 

First of all based on First screenshot have you actually tried to expand that data object from webhook response? 

I assume that there is some attributes inside that data Object. then it should be expladable (little arrow ' > ' on the right).

Sometimes data is not comes OR it's not in proper format that time use Script step to extract it and then send it to next step.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@lolofo777 

Unfortunately, Airtable webhooks have a tremendous number of limitations, as explained in this support article.

And then, even if you successfully meet all of the webhook limitations, Airtable’s conditional actions are even more restricted & more limited.

Writing your own custom JavaScript programming code is one possible solution. 

However, if you’d like the best no-code way of doing this that doesn’t require writing any programming code at all, your #1 best bet is to use Make for your Airtable automations instead.

Not only does Make have the world’s most advanced custom webhooks and webhook responses that you can possibly imagine, but more importantly for you, Make has native Stripe integration built into the platform… so you probably won’t even need to use webhooks at all. 

Make also has extremely advanced conditionals called “filters” that I explain briefly in this video.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld

Yes you are correct, there are some attributes inside that data Object but I can't access them during the condition settings. 

I'll try using Make.com instead for this automation. Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the information and the reply. I'm trying to no-code for the first time and i'm learning a tons of thing trying getting out of some of the limitations no-code solutions have right now.

Make.com seems to be the answer I think.  

Welcome to the world of no-code! And what you’ve discovered is that we still need code! Lol. Make is typically the best solution — it obscures most of the code from us, but it is still sending code to Airtable behind-the-scenes. I don’t think that any of the Airtable consultants like myself could do our jobs without scripting or Make.