176 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cwh8944
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

New Airtable user here! not quite sure If I am out of my element, but I am looking to streamline a work operation to where our intake team receives a vehicle, and records are created for them to validate all of the parts from the vehicle, efficiently as possible

1. I need a user to login to a "form" with 6 steps:
    1. Drop down- 6 options
    2. number
    3. text
    4. text
    5. text
  2. based on the dropdown option, this creates records in a new table based on records in an existing "template table" (6 tables for each option) and concatenates the input number with a defined field from the existing records. also auto populate fields in the new table with the number and 3 text fields
  3. This notifies user 2
  4. user 2 logs in to access only the new table, that is displayed as a form view for each record- they need to validate vehicle parts 
  5. Ideally, they can upload a picture as one of the fields as well
  6. When they finish, they click a submit button that exports the table as an .xlsx file and notifies user 1

And that's it! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 Replies 2
Shannon_Bradley
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Sounds like you would be most successful with a main setup for yourself (or whoever the backend manager is) and Interface accesses for your users. Everything you describe here is achievable fairly easily!

Brian_Sweeny
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Sound like a great usage for Airtable! Looks like you will need to do a repeating group automation. Also, from the sound of it, you really only need 2 tables - one called vehicles and one called 'Parts'. Perhaps another one called 'Orders' or something like that. Another thought - perhaps you don't really need to export to .xlsx and the entire system could remain within Airtable. Let me know if you would like further assistance! https://briansweeny.zone