cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tiphaine
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there, 

I'm getting started with automations from my team.

What I want to do :
TRIGGER: when a record enters a view/table (let's say table A)

ACTION: Find record: check if the record exists already in another table (table B)
Conditional actions:

- if it does, update the existing record in the table B
- if it doesn't, create a new record in the table B

For now I have the following on my testing base: 

Capture d’écran 2023-02-23 à 15.18.57.png

My issue lies on how to set up the conditional logic (basically to say "If the record is found, update this specific record).

I have a testing error here and I'm not sure what is wrong.

I've tried looking at this knowledge base article but when I click on the different set up actions it doesn't do anything, even with another browser 

My goal is to create a masterlist of advocates from different programs (different teams using different tables), and some of these advocates can be in multiple programs, which is why I want to avoid duplicates in the masterlist

Thank you for any help!!

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
pressGO_design
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Try changing your conditions to 

If Record List of Names = 0, then create a new record

If Record List of Names =1, then update that record

otherwise [insert what happens when the Record List >1]

If all of your Full Names are unique and none of them have any overlap, you can just have the two conditions. What’s making me squirm a little is using Name contains Full Name instead of using a formula field or RecordID() to ensure a true 0/1 list of records. 

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
pressGO_design
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Try changing your conditions to 

If Record List of Names = 0, then create a new record

If Record List of Names =1, then update that record

otherwise [insert what happens when the Record List >1]

If all of your Full Names are unique and none of them have any overlap, you can just have the two conditions. What’s making me squirm a little is using Name contains Full Name instead of using a formula field or RecordID() to ensure a true 0/1 list of records. 

Hi @pressGO_design 

Thank you!

I actually just managed to get rid of the error so I'm all good for that. I completely agree with you, Name is not ideal and I just used a random field for testing, my goal is to use the email field.

I actually have another issue here, do you know if it's possible to add to a multi select without removing an existing option? 

ie if there was an existing record, I want to update a multiselect field to add let's say 'Top User'. But if there was already a "Partner" in there, I just want to add "Top user" but keep Partner. Up until now I've been testing and every time it erases the previous value in there. I've looked in the community and it looks like I could use a comma in there, but I cant seem to add it/make it work

Thanks for your help I really appreciate it!

Tiphaine

Tiphaine

Thanks @pressGO_design 

It worked! I had an issue on what to select from the previous Find record action, but now it's all good, and the comma + writing down the option works really well

Thanks for your help!