Help

Re: How can I automatically Copy projects from one tab to another w/ comments?

380 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prentie
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi All I am attempting to create an automation where a project can be copied or duplicated to another tab with all of its comments still included on it and then deleted from its original location. Does anyone have an idea where I can do this?

I am currently using an automation and a script to copy the project name and column fields but I am not sure how to also get the comments. 

5 Replies 5
Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @prentie , would you mind sharing your use case on why you would want to do this?  In practice, it would be best practice to keep all objects that are the same type in the same table. So it wouldn't scale to copy make copies of the projects table into separate tables.

Yes, what @Dan_Montoya said is the best solution. You may want to explore Airtable's filtered views, which let you control which records you can see at any given time in your table. (I cover views in depth in my free Airtable training course, which you can take for free by signing up for a free 30-day trial with LinkedIn Learning.)

TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You can access and create comments via the API, but you wouldn't be able to re-create the comments with the original authors though

Absolutely! I am trying to move project items to an area labeled as archived to revisit at a later date. 

Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

The way to manage this in Airtable would be to create a field called "status" and set the status to "active" or "archived".