1686 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam_Cederwall
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Perhaps I am just completely missing something but I have been attempting to set up an automated outlook email to send certain notifications to some of our customers.

Most of the formatting I have been able to find in the link provided in the automation on Airtable’s markdown syntax. The only thing I am struggling with is line breaks.

The documentation states that “Every line break will be treated as a hard line break”. When I test out the email by sending it to myself, I notice, that everything, regardless of how many line breaks I manually put in to the preview, comes out with only a single line break.

Example:

In the example above, ideally, there would be an extra space / line break between the statement above it and the word “Sincerely” itself.

Just curious if anyone had a solution or additional information on this matter?

Thank you for the help in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ryan_MacDowell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Frustrating issue for me, too. They seem to be paragraph breaks only, not line breaks (even when added from a long text field containing multiple line breaks).

I found a workaround, though: you need to use a whitespace character or non-space blank character on a standalone line for the same effect as a line break. If it’s in a formula, you should wrap it with “\n” to create line breaks above and below the invisible character.

The one that’s worked best for me is Braille pattern dots-0 which I just copied into Airtable from Wikipedia. You can “see it” in action in the screenshot here:

Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 1.21.08 PM

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Ryan_MacDowell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Frustrating issue for me, too. They seem to be paragraph breaks only, not line breaks (even when added from a long text field containing multiple line breaks).

I found a workaround, though: you need to use a whitespace character or non-space blank character on a standalone line for the same effect as a line break. If it’s in a formula, you should wrap it with “\n” to create line breaks above and below the invisible character.

The one that’s worked best for me is Braille pattern dots-0 which I just copied into Airtable from Wikipedia. You can “see it” in action in the screenshot here:

Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 1.21.08 PM